Friday, December 30, 2011

Favourite Quotes

Quotes have a wonderful way of inspiring individuals in many different ways. Over the years there have been a series of quotes that have stood the test of time and helped me to find strength I needed to carry on. I thought these might be a wonderful way to end the year and to prepare for the upcoming year ahead.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference!- Unknown

Destiny is not a matter of chance, It is a matter of choice, It is not something to be waited for, But rather something to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

Be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandhi

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

When the student is ready the teacher will appear - Buddhist Proverb

Minds are like parachutes they only function when they are open - Thomas Dewar

You become what you think about - Earl Nightingale

To "try" is failure with honour - Unknown

If it is going to be, then it is up to me - Unknown

Some days your the dog, some days your the hydrant - Unknown but makes me smile

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles…. it empties today of its strength. - Corrie Ten Boom

Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but you don't get anywhere - unknown



I hope that some of these quotes are new to you and add some strength to your day. ((HUGS)) Thanks for sticking around through this crazy year. There will be one more post this year (so I had best get to it) for a blog carnival that RAWarrior is holding on pain. After that I will see you on January first with my first of 30 blogs for the month. There seem to be a few of us out there with this in mind. Perhaps I will hook up with one of the challenges that is going on which will help with making sure I don't run out of topics :) Have a great day!

© 2011 Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment