Thursday, September 8, 2011

A wonderful surprise

I had a wonderful phone call from a friend that I had met on-line via sparkpeople.com almost 2 years ago. Sparkpeople is a wonderful community that supports living a healthy lifestyle, losing weight and all of the tools and resources to be successful. I had left her my phone number sometime in the past year or so when she was going through a stressful time. We did not connect at that time. Since I have gone missing these past few months from Sparkpeople she went through her inbox and found that message with my phone number! What a wonderful surprise to hear from her. She made it clear that she was here for me anytime I needed to talk, vent or just chat. I can't tell you how much that simple act of friendship means. I have found myself in some pretty dark places and very isolated (my own doing) over the past few months. Once we hung up she took her kindness to another level, she decided to do some research on my diagnosis' and funnily enough she found my blog ;-) What a wonderful, sweet woman. I cannot thank you enough for caring so much that you wanted to know what I am going through.

That act of friendship reminded me that while I have come to understand each of my diagnosis' that readers of my blog might not know what: Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Fibromyalgia or Rheumatoid Arthritis are. I am working on  3 separate blogs that explain each of these diseases and the impact that each has on my life. There are so many misconceptions and myths with regards to these diseases. It is important to me to raise awareness of each of these diseases. To provide facts and information that: counter the myths, to create a supportive environment for others to share their experiences, challenges, struggles and most importantly their successes.

© 2011 Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment