Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside...

 Today is a bright sunny, crisp cold, cold day here in Southern Ontario. Our temperature is -16C and with the windchill it feels like -27C. For my Amercian friends that is 2F and feeling like -17F. No matter how you cut it, it is darn cold here this morning and getting colder as the day goes on...brrrrrrrrrrrr

That makes today absolutely perfect for staying indoors! I cannot be out in this kind of cold with my Rheumatoid Arthritis and Raynauds Phenomenon. With the RP it could actually be dangerous for me to be outside in this cold weather. I dress in layers, silk socks keep my feet warm and they are light weight, mittens keep your hands warmer than gloves, a warm ski jacket (no skiing involved but they sure are warm), long johns keep my legs warm under my jeans or track pants (depends on how my hands are and if I can do the button and zipper up on jeans...lol) and a t-shirt with a sweatshirt over top. Thank goodness today I don't have any appointments or tests today so none of those things are necessary!

I work from home so I don't even have to leave the house for that :). It is a good day to stay in my warm fleece jammies and get started on slowly taking all of my Christmas decorations down. I didn't get much sleep last night due to pain and the swelling this morning has left me with numb hands. So when I say slowly taking down decorations I mean slowly and with lots of help from the kids!

How do you manage the cold? If you have health issues does the cold make them worse? How cold is it today where you live? Keep warm my friends no matter where you live. ((HUGS))



© 2011 Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment