Thursday, January 12, 2012

Book Review

 Well my RA and Depression have combined against me to make my goal of writing 30 Blogs in 30 days a little more challenging than it already was. I was hoping for one blog each day. Some days I am just incapable even with the voice activated software. I cannot thin clearly enough to express myself let alone in writing. It wouldn't be fare to subject anyone to those ramblings..lol

It also means that the work I wanted to do on my novel so far has not happened. However I am only 4 blogs behind so I am hoping for time over the weekend to catch up and be back on track with my blogging.

I have spent a lot of time in bed reading this past week. That is about all I am capable of once I have finished work and homeschooling for the day. I have very much enjoyed my kobo vox and one of the things I may not have mentioned is the fact that I no longer have to wait to read until I can make a trip to the book store. It is right there on my tablet.
As soon as I am finished a book I can purchase and read another. I really am loving it. Getting lost in reading is one of the only things that can help to distract me from my pain. Not the worst of it because nothing can be done when it is really bad.

Since Christmas I have read:

1. Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson - Another Book in the Alex Cross series. An enjoyable read if you like mystery's.

2. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy by Stieg Larsson - A difficult read until you get used to the Swedish names and can keep your characters straight. After that all three of the books are a must read. I have even seen the Swedish Films with subtitles. The first in the trilogy has been made my Hollywood and was released over the Holidays. I have yet to see these movies but given how amazing the books were you can guarantee the movies will leave something to be desired but still worth a look I am sure.

3. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins - Another Trilogy that is a worthwhile read that Hollywood is making into films the first to be released in 2012. These books are out of my normal reading genre's and are fantasy but not really what I would consider fantasy. Now by Fantasy it means that they are written in the future. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Don't be fooled by Schoolastic being the publisher. They were written for young adults (I guess my 40 is still young..lol) and are loved by people of all ages. The first two books were a great read. I can't say that I was thrilled with the last book and the ending of the trilogy but overall a very worth while read. 

I am now reading The Confession by John Grisham - one chapter in and as usual I love his books!


If you do not own an e-reader but still want to get your books at a discount, save trees and not have the clutter in your house then download the Kobo App for your computer, smart phone or tablet. 


Happy Reading


© 2011 Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment