Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kobo Vox - More than an e-reader

This Christmas my husband took note of the fact that I had stopped reading. I LOVE reading and can't put a good book down until it is finished. So why would someone just quit reading you might ask? Rheumatoid Auto Immune Disease (RAD and formally known as RA) has made such a mess of my hands that I had no choice. I did not have the strength to hold a book in order to read. It hurt my fingers to turn pages and all in all it became a very painful experience. It drove me to put my love of reading aside. Rather tragic I have loved to read since I was a child and it was always something that brought me great joy until this past year :(

My husband decided that perhaps an electronic e-reader would be the solution to allow me to escape into my books once again. HE WAS RIGHT...I LOVE MY KOBO VOX. He tried very hard to get me a kindle fire but they are not available here in Canada..Booo! So the next closest things available in Canada was the kobo vox. Now what you may not realize is that this full colour e-reader is also a great introductory tablet. It is inexpensive in comparison to IPad and great for what I need it for. So far I have spent 54 hours and 49 minutes reading..it gives me all of my stats and allows a social reading experience by allowing me to post passages to Facebook right from the Kobo Vox.

Since Christmas I have read Kill Alex Cross, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy and I have just started the Hunger Games Trilogy. Getting lost in reading is a great tool for distracting me from my pain. It takes me to another world where my diseases don't exist. It is also a great pass time for someone who is housebound as much as I am and also helps pass the time waiting for Dr's and tests.

I can download apps (android apps which are free unlike the apple apps), post to facebook. surf the internet, order my books and have them appear on my Kobo Vox in under a minute (no more waiting until I am well enough to go to the book store...I just LOVE this e-reader/tablet. Best of all it is small enough to fit in my purse and I can take my whole library with me anywhere I want to go!!

I don't work for Chapters/Indigo or know anybody who does. This is not a paid advertisement but just a gal who LOVES her Kobo Vox!

I highly recommend to anyone contemplating an introductory tablet / e-reader. In fact my kids loved mine so much that they had used their savings and Christmas money to purchase their own. They love the silly apps and reading their books on it just as much as I do. A great gift to install in our Children is the love of books.

What are your favourite books? Do you own an E-Reader, if so what do you think of it?
I look forward to hearing from you!

© 2011 Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment